After a very successful non-rested Varsity Conference meet we head into Week 12. This is a week that we have never encountered before in the sense that the Junior Varsity will be fully rested for Saturday’s meet, while the Varsity team has two weeks until Sectionals.
There still is work to be done this week. To be clear for the Junior Varsity….Taper does not mean easy practice. It does mean less yardage, but the level of high-speed work we are going to do will remain the same. Race Pace still means Race Pace.
Junior Varsity will not have dry land this week. We will work on sharpening your skills in starts, turns, and finishes. You should try to get more rest this week at night and be mindful of the foods you are eating and stay hydrated.
Here is the practice schedule this week:
- Monday – Dry land for Varsity from 4:15 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM
- Tuesday – Dry land for Varsity from 4:15 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM
- Wednesday –Dry land for Varsity from 4:15 to 5:15PM. Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Thursday – Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM.
- Friday –Swimming from 5:30 to 7:30PM. Team Dinner at the Pool
- Saturday – Junior Varsity Conference at Brookfield East. Bus will leave North at 10AM. Swim Warm Ups at 11AM. Fast Swimming at 12:00PM. Varsity will practice from 8AM to 10AM.